Notification for Xi’an Jiaotong University TENGFEI Cup & FLTRP Cup National English Speaking Competition
To improve students’ English language proficiency, communication skill and critical thinking, Xi’an Jiaotong University TENGFEI Cup English Speaking competition is to be held jointly by Xi’an Jiaotong University Youth League Committee, School of Foreign Languages and School of International Education. This competition is aimed to select excellent students for the FLTRP Cup National English Speaking Competition this year. Detailed information is as follows.
1. Time of competition: March to May
2. Qualified participates: All the current undergraduates, graduate students and international students, prize winners of past FLTRP Cup National English Speaking Competition and winners of past FLTRP Cup National English Debate Competition not included.
3. Contents of competition: the competition is made up of three parts, prepared speech, impromptu speech and Q&A. The topic of prepared speech and impromptu speech is prescribed by the guiding committee of the competition. Topic of the prepared speech is China, A Global View.
4. Arrangement of competition: the competition is divided into four stages: Registration, preliminary, semi-final and final.
Ⅰ. Registration (March to April, 2018): Students are extensively mobilized to participate in the competition, record videos on the prescribed topic and upload videos in the suggested way.
Ⅱ. Preliminary (early May, 2018): Qualified students will be selected for online scoring and votes.
Ⅲ. Semi-final (middle May, 2018): Winners of the preliminary will enter the semi-final. They will receive trainings on the competition and be informed of the different topics of the competition.
Ⅳ. Final (late May, 2018): Winners of the semi-final will enter the final. The final competition is made up of prepared speech, impromptu speech and Q&A.
5. Registration: the deadline for registration is 24:00 of April 30, 2018. How to register? Record a three-minute video of your English speech, the title of which should be based on the broad topic of China, A Global View, and upload the video file package to Baidu Netdisk, then send the shared link and registration form to email@example.com.
REMINDERS: ⑴ A title of your video should be provided when submitting your video; ⑵ It should be a complete video file with no editing or clipping. The image and voice should be clear with no noise; ⑶ Video size no less than 50M and no more than 500M.
6. Prizes: Grand Prize, First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and Excellence Prize are to be awarded. Outstanding students will also be awarded certificates & cash, and will participate the provincial English Speaking Competition and FLTRP Cup National English Speaking Competition on behalf of XJTU.
7. Contacts: please go to your instructor for any help. You can also join QQ group 674320661 to exchange ideas with other participants.
Youth League Committee
School of Foreigh Languages
School of International Education
March 5, 2018
BACK TO NOTICESLIST