2019 Xi'an Jiaotong University
Confucius Institute Scholarship
For the purpose of supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitating international promotion of Chinese language and Chinese culture, and cultivating qualified Chinese-language teachers and excellent Chinese-language learners, authorized by Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban), Xi’an Jiaotong University has launched Confucius Institute Scholarship program to recruit foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese Language.
I. Target applicants
1. Non-Chinese citizens.
2. Be in good health with outstanding learning performance and morality.
3. Be willing to engage in the work relating to Chinese education, teaching and international promotion.
4. be between 16 to 35 years old (before Sep 1, 2019). On-duty Chinese language teacher can be extended to 45 years old.
II. Programs and Eligibility
1. One-Academic-Year Learning Program
It provides a sponsorship for 11 months since Sep, 2019. Students who are studying in China are not eligible for the program.
1.1 Chinese language and literature
HSK (level 4) should be above 180 and HSKK (intermediate) above 60.
1.2 Chinese language learning
HSK (level 3) should be above 210.
2. One-Semester Learning Program
It provides a sponsorship for 5 months since Sep, 2019 or March, 2020. Students who have X1, X2 visa are not eligible for the program.
2.1 Chinese language and literature
HSK (level 3) should be above180 and have HSKK score.
3. Four-week Learning Program
It provides a sponsorship for 4 weeks since July, 2019 or December, 2019. Students who have X1, X2 visa are not eligible for the program.
3.1 Chinese language + Chinese homestay/visit
Confucius Institute should contact in advance with our university for confirming the study schedule which should be submitted to the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban for approval. Group (10-15 people) application by Confucius Institute is preferred. Each applicant in the group should have HSK score.
3.2 Special learning program of Four-week
Group (10-15 people) application by Confucius Institute is preferred. Each applicant in the group should have HSK score.
III. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
Confucius Institute scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, monthly living allowance (exclude four-week program students) and comprehensive insurance.
Monthly living allowance for students of One-Academic-Year Learning Program and One-Semester Learning Program is 2500 RMB.
IV. Recruitment Procedures
Applicants can log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn for Confucius Institute Scholarship application since March 1, 2019.
Log on to the website searching for the information of recommending institutions and host institutions; Submit application online and track your application status and result in the system time by time; The scholarship winner confirms with the host university for the formalities of studying in China and prints the scholarship laureate certificate; Register at the host university on the time that admission notice tells.
1. April 20 for the application for enrollment on July.
2. May 20 for the application for enrollment on September.
3. September 20 for the application for enrollment on December.
4. November 20 for the application for enrollment on March, 2020.
The Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban will review the applications recommended by CI and host university to select the best for sponsorship and publish the result 3 months before the date of enrollment.
Xi’an Jiaotong University, based on the result Hanban published, makes and posts “Admission Notice”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China" (JW202 Form) and other related materials to the scholarship laureates.
1. Students who got 2019 Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate from Chinese Bridge competition should log on to Confucius Institute Scholarship website and submit application to Xi’an Jiaotong University online by proving the eligibility through Scholarship Certificate.
2. All the applicants, after finishing the application at Confucius Institute Scholarship website, must log on to Xi’an Jiaotong University’s international student application system at https://xjtu.17gz.org/member/login.do for online application and submit the required documents.
V. Application Documents
l Photocopy of passport photo page.
l Photocopies of valid HSK、HSKK score reports.
l Recommendation letter written by people in charge at recommending institutions.
l Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
l Non-criminal record (submit to university’s application system).
l Physical Examination Record for Foreigner(submit to university’s application system).
XJTU application system：https://xjtu.17gz.org/member/login.do
1. Applications will be considered as invalid if information provided is incomplete, fake and invalid.
2. Scholarship winners shall register at Xi’an Jiaotong University at the required date, otherwise their scholarship will be cancelled.
3. Scholarship will be canceled for those who cannot pass the health examination when register for enrollment.