Xi’an Jiaotong University ASEAN Scholarship for International Students
In order to promote the influence of international education and nourishment of Chinese language education of international students from ASEAN countries, Xi’an Jiaotong University set “ASEAN Scholarship for International Students” to attract more outstanding ASEAN country’s international high school graduates to come to XJTU for Chinese language bachelor study.
1. Supporting Categories:
Full-time ASEAN country international freshmen in Chinese Language Bachelor Program
(ASEAN country: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Lao, Myanmar and Cambodia)
2. Scholarship Standards:
13,000 RMB for one year.
Note: Scholarship quota is 5 students.
3. Application Requirements:
1. Under the age of 30, in good health condition;
2. Non-Chinese citizens with valid ASEAN country passport;
3. Have high school diploma with good grades and apply for Chinese language bachelor program;
4. Not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
5. Application Documents:
1) XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (Downloaded after online application at http://xjtu.17gz.org/);
2) Notarized copies of senior high school graduation diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English;
3) Notarized copies of high school academic transcripts, including courses taken and standard achieved;
4) Photocopies of valid passport (passport type must be ordinary)
5) Bank receipt of Application fee. Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable, account information:Account for CNY,Account for Other Currencies; for the application fee payment, applicants should add personal information in the format of "School of International Education + Name + Passport Number" and give us the bank receipt with the information printed on it.
a. Documents will not be returned disregard the outcome of application;
b. Applications submitted without all the required documents will be rejected;
c. In addition to the above materials, schools have the right to require the applicant to provide other necessary application materials.
6. Application Procedure:
1. Log in http://xjtu.17gz.org/ to register your application account，do the online application.
2. Scan the application documents and upload into application system.
3. Pay the application fee and upload the receipt into the application system.
4. Application complete.
7. Admission Notification:
1. Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa form), health examination form and Guide to the University form. These document will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants before 31 July.
2. Students are usually required to report at the Students' Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within two weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.
8. Contact Information:
Admission Office, School of International Education A922 Yi Fu Foreign Language Building Xi’an Jiaotong University, No. 28 Xianning West Road, Xian City Shaanxi Province, 710049, P.R. China
Telephone: +86 29 82665924, +86 29 82668063
Fax: +86 29 82665923