1. International Students may apply for VISA at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your home country.For information regarding the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country, please visit the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/

2. Visa type:As a non-study Visa cannot be transferred to Residence Permit, please hold X1 or X2 Visa entering China in order to avoid unnecessary troubles.

A. The students who study for more than 6 months shall enter China with X1 Visa.

X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international student office and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the Shaanxi Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau. Therefore, it is suggested that do not enter China too much earlier as you can apply for residence permit only after you register at the university.

B. The students who study for less than 180 days can enter China with X2 Visa.

X2 Visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on August 25, you may stay until November 23. The students holding X2 visa do not need to apply for residence permit. Moreover, please note that X2 Visa only allow you once entry into China.

3. Required Documents when applying for visas

A. Valid passport

B. Admission Notice (original one)

C. Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (known as the JW201/JW202 Form)

4.Please make sure that your original Admission Notice and JW201/JW202 form are handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for residence permit after your arrival in Xi’an.